Nanobiotechnology Department (formerly known as Pilot Biotechnology Department) was
established in 1996. The goals of the department are as follows:
• Development/ optimization of the processes for the production of pharmaceutical raw
materials (biologic/ non-biologic) through fermentation and cell culture (plants/ animals),
from laboratory to pilot scale.
• Modification/ engineering (in vivo/ in vitro) of therapeutic/ preventive- diagnostic
proteins in order to improve their physico- chemical and pharmacokinetics properties.
• Development of immunosensor/ protein arrays for the detection and identification of
infectious/ non-infectious agents.
• Treatment of infectious/ non-infectious disease by cold plasma jet.
• Developing (through synthesis) nano- vehicles for site specific delivery of drugs in order
to treat/ prevent the infectious/ non- infectious diseases.
The department welcomes projects on the basis of collaborative contract research with the other
R& D centers.
Projects are defined according to the following aspects:
• Synthesis and production of coated and uncoated nanoparticles
• Synthesis and production of quantum dots
• Targeted drug delivery
• Production of pegylated, liposomal nanomedicines and evaluation of their effects
• Plant cell suspension culture and plant secondary metabolites production
• Protein engineering
• Construction of Piezoelectric immunosensor for diagnosis of hepatitis B antigen
• Conjugation of Heparin to collagen type I
• Study of surface modification of material by cold plasma jet
• Design and cloning of full length and truncated recombinant forms of SeHAS
(S.equisimilis Hyaluronan synthase) and evaluation of in vitro enzymatic synthesis of
hyaluronan oligo- and polysaccharides
• Production and optimization of culture condition of hyaluronic acid from an Iranian
isolate of S.equisimilis group G
• Construction, expression and characterization of wild and mutant forms of S1 subunit of
pertusiss toxin in E. coli
• Design of Dual-Like Peptides to Form Spherical Structures as a Basis for Virus Like
• Technical development of the above projects