The Molecular Medicine unit plays a major role in clarifying the cause of many unsolved problems in the context of human health to prevent human diseases.
We work in the following areas
- Human Genetics (specially in Hemoglobinopathies, Hemophila, Duchenne muscular dystrophy)
- Cancer biology (specially for identifying new tumor markers and evaluating genome markers for predicting therapy responses)
- Cardiovascular diseases
This unit is mainly divided into two parts, services and research
- In the services Division, prenatal diagnosis (PND) tests for the following diseases are performed:
- Thalassemia syndrome
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD)
- In the research division, there are various projects which are carried out by PhD and MS students under the supervision of the faculty of Molecular Medicine.