Main objective of the Pasteur Institute of Iran includes:
• Help with monitoring and control of prevalent and life threatening infectious and non-infectious diseases;
• Design, development, and production of novel diagnostic methods including majortherapeutic kits.
• Design and development of vaccines and biological products as the need arises.
• Development and maintenance of biologicalspecimen bank and other resources like relevant data bases to facilitate applied research.
• Teaching and training of scientists and technical staff at basic and advanced levels of public health research.
• Help with providing and execution of advanced health related services such as specific vaccination,laboratory identification of diseases, as well as thecontrol and prevention of rabies in man